To have hitched in Nova Scotia, you have to have a wedding Licence before you have got a marriage ceremony. The licence is valid for three months through the date it is released.
You’ll want a wedding Licence to have married in Nova Scotia. The licence is needed by you just before have actually a married relationship ceremony.
Having a wedding licence does not suggest you’re married. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is legitimate for a few months through the date it is granted.
You can easily pick a spiritual or ceremony that is civil.
A spiritual agent that you choose may perform the ceremony that is religious. The needs that are representative be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice regarding the comfort or judge may perform the civil ceremony if they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You’ll want 2 individuals who are at the least 16 years witness that is old ceremony.
Certification of wedding
during the time of the ceremony, your representative that is religious associated with peace or judge can give you a memento certification. This document is certainly not proof that is legal of.
After a wedding is registered, you can easily make an application for a formal wedding certification, which can be legal evidence of marriage.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you should be about to get hitched away from Nova Scotia, you ought to contact the jurisdiction where in actuality the marriage service will require spot for registration and licensing needs.
You could get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older rather than presently married. You will need a signed permission kind if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or more youthful.
Both individuals engaged and getting married need certainly to finish the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form should be witnessed by the authorized representative. If both events aren’t offered to use in individual, contact Vital Statistics. You can easily submit an application for a licence to get hitched in Nova Scotia even although you don’t inhabit the province.
Just how to use
- See Access Nova Scotia or perhaps A deputy issuer of wedding Licences in your community.
- Complete the application form form you are given by them.
- Look at the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment together with your application.
- Provide your finished application, supporting papers and re re re payment towards the Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Provide your wedding Licence to your representative that is religious associated with comfort or judge prior to the wedding service.
Just how long it requires
You need to have the licence straight away. It could just take longer if more details becomes necessary or if your type hasn’t been filled in properly.
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, money purchase, money. a cheque or cash purchase must certanly be made payable towards the Minister of Finance. Re re re Payment choices can vary greatly dependent on the way you use.
Prior to starting
Be sure you have actually:
- finalized bit of government-issued recognition and evidence of age for both people engaged and getting married
- evidence of divorce or separation if either individual engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), combined with the affidavit
- evidence of death if either individual engaged and getting married is widowed
- written permission of the moms and dads or guardians, if needed (the Deputy Issuer gets the required consent forms)
Connect with get hitched at a Registry workplace
You and your partner must attend an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage if you intend to get married at a Registry Office, at least a month before the ceremony. The Notice continues to be legitimate for as much as 1 . 5 years.
It is possible to lodge your Notice and book a consultation to wait a job interview at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Office
- Wollongong Provider Centre.
- The age that is marriageable 18 years. If somebody, maybe perhaps not yet 18, wants to marry just before their birthday that is 18th a court empowered to provide a ‘Section 12’ order will give authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 people aged under 18 years aren’t allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding can be lodged ahead of the eighteenth birthday celebration, so long as the marriage happens following the birthday celebration.
Things you need
- the PDF kinds:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of paperwork aren’t accepted.
Simple tips to use
- Look at the eligibility needs.
- Down load and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the documentation that is necessary.
- Choose the ‘Book a scheduled appointment’ key.
- Go into the needed information.
- Attend your chosen registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with re payment, and verify the date and time when it comes to ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for approximately eighteen months.
- The lodgement charge is non-refundable.
- If you want aid in making plans for your Registry marriage ceremony, complete the wedding that is online kind, while the Registry can get in touch with you.
Re re Payment practices
You can easily review transaction re re payment choices on our re re payment techniques web page.